This page contains the following information:
How to Request Books
How to Renew Books
How to Cite Books
You can get books from Kent Library, from over 60 Missouri libraries (through the MOBIUS book sharing program), or from libraries across the United States (through MOBIUS/ Prospector or Interlibrary Loan), absolutely free!
Books can be delivered to Sikeston, Malden, or Kennett. They can also be delivered to Three Rivers Community College, Mineral Area College, or any of the MOBIUS member libraries across Missouri. If you are a web only student, we will deliver books directly to your home.
If you are experiencing extenuating circumstances that prohibit you from accessing or retrieving materials, please contact the reference desk to request special accommodations.
1. Begin in the Kent Library Catalog.
2. Search for a book by keyword, title, or author.
3. If you find the item, hit the Request button, located below the title in your search results or at the top of the page when you click the title.
4. In the form, enter your full name (exactly as it appears on your student ID card) and your ID number (exactly as it appears on your ID card + the letters SEMO. Example: s02345678semo). If you don't know your ID number, read finding your student id number. Choose a pickup location. The other information does not need to be filled out.
5. Hit the SUBMIT button.
2. Perform your search as you would in the Kent Library Catalog.
3. Click on the title of the book you wish to request.
4. Check to make sure that at least one copy of the book says Available.
5. If there is an available copy, click on the Request button.
6. Choose Galahad from the dropdown menu as your cluster.
7. In the form, enter your full name (exactly as it appears on your student ID card) and your ID number (exactly as it appears on your ID card + the letters SEMO. Example: s02345678semo). If you don't know your ID number, read finding your student id number. Choose a pickup location.
Use Interlibrary Loan ONLY if you cannot find the book you need in the Kent Library or MOBIUS catalogs.
1. At the Interlibrary Loan screen, logon to ILLiad or create an account if you do not have one. You can create an account by selecting the 'First Time Users' option.
Books sent from one MOBIUS library to another (example: from Washington University to Kent Library) are checked out with a student ID card. Books shipped to Kennett, Malden, or Sikeston are processed through Kent Library first. You do not need to check books in or out that are shipped to these locations. They will automatically be checked in and out for you.
All Kent Library, MOBIUS, and Interlibrary Loan books can be picked up at your regional campus main administrative office. Kent Library will send an email notifying you when your books are sent to your regional campus and are available for pickup. You can also login to My Library Account and check the status of your requested items.
Home delivery of books for web only students -
When requesting books, choose the pickup location labeled 'SEMO -WEB Only Student' *Note you must be enrolled in a designated web only program to have books mailed to your residence. If you are unsure if you qualify, contact your instructor. A postage-paid, addressed envelope will be included with your requested materials for return.
You can renew your books online. Login to My Library Account. You can also call the circulation desk at 573-651-2232.
Check how long you can keep Kent Library books and other materials at Circulation policies for students .
View this brief Kent Library video, Renewing Materials Online .
Citing your sources is important because it gives credit to the person who published the idea originally, and allows readers to check your evidence. Your instructor should tell you which style of citation to use (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.).
Kent Library's "Citation Styles: MLA, APA, Chicago, and more" site
Print and electronic resources for a variety of citation styles.