Google Scholar can be a useful tool to discover scholarly articles.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Set your Scholar Preferences to Kent Library to see what articles are available via the library's subscription databases (and what books are available in your library). Don't buy articles that you already have access to free through Kent Library!
- Under "Settings" change your "Library Links" to Kent Library.
- Scholar finds individual articles, not all articles in journals, so don't expect to find the same complete cover-to-cover journal coverage as in library databases.
- Access to the full text of an article only happens if the journal allows free access (most don't) OR it's already available full text through Kent Library.
- Cited reference searching is limited, as Scholar only finds articles that recently cited a particular author or article, not all instances.
- Review Scholar search tips and information to create focused searches.